- From 12-18th June our young people took part in ESTEEM’s annual hike over Stage 3 of the French Pyrenees. Our hikers enjoyed discovering the local villages, exploring the country-side and taking in the stunning views in France. With almost 10 hours of hiking every day it was a real test of character for our young participants and friends of ESTEEM; despite a few blisters, it was an awesome experience! Check out our blog to find out what else we got up to on our adventures: http://www.esteem.org.uk/?p=52
- Middleton Estates became ESTEEM’s new sponsors. Do check them out at their site http://www.middleton-estates.co.uk/contact.php
- Thanks so much to Harris and Hoole Shoreham’s Coffee Crowd, who chose ESTEEM for their charity of the month throughout July. They helped raise money for our Monday night Drop-In so please check them out in the front foyer of Shoreham’s Holmbush Centre.
- ESTEEM has been featured in a new promotional film, made by our media manager, Jon, showcasing voluntary activity in the Adur area. It has been a massive success on Facebook and has been featured on local MP Tim Loughton’s website and newsletter.https://youtu.be/6lcRPJLwfxI
- ESTEEM’s “Bad Wrap” was pitched at Emmaus, Portslade Old Village, with Brighton Soup. We won almost £300, which we will be putting toward our upcoming litter picking project.
- ESTEEM’s new selling page has been set up for our young people to sell their own arts and craft creations and learn about entrepreneurship. If our young people need some extra cash we encourage them to use our selling site for the promotion and selling of anything they create, we split the profits from this as 60% goes to them and 40% is given back to the social enterprise, ESTEEM ink. designs, so we can continue to have this resource available within ESTEEM https://www.facebook.com/EsteemSellingPage
- Elana, Disney, Jon and Yasmin have now been established as ESTEEM’s media team, with our newest volunteers, Elana and Yasmin, taking on the roles of social media assistant manager and editor.
- Worthing Homes hosted a free fun day on Saturday 16th July from1-4pm which ESTEEM attended at the Maybridge Keystone Club, Raleigh Way, Goring-by-Sea. There was a range of fun activities that participants took part in, such as arts and crafts, face-painting, a BBQ and refreshments.
- Yoga sessions have been started up from July 25th and are held on special Monday Drop In evenings. Do come along!
The monthly adventures of our beloved office Collie!
“polite” in the eyes of the two-legged ones…
Don’t ask me! Being the one in charge of
this place can be testing at the best of times!”
- Monday night Drop-In; coming up we have a variety of activities, including a film night, showing Star Wars and a social media workshop! Keep an ear to our Facebook page to find out.
- Wednesday nights are all about The Rally Project which is a mental health awareness drop-in from 6-8pm at the Old School House, run by local charity Company Paradiso in partnership with ESTEEM http://companyparadiso.co.uk/
- The “Bad Wrap” beach walk and litter picking exercise will be taking place this month on Sunday 14th of August at 1:45-3pmstarting at Shoreham’s coronation green, check our Facebook page for more details.
- ESTEEM is interviewing for potential new mentors for the upcoming Mentor Me Project starting in September.
- 6th-7th August, Pride in Brighton! https://www.facebook.com/brightonpride/?fref=ts
- Shoreham Fiver Fest around the river Adur 26th-30th August, aweekend celebrating Shoreham’s community with family fun around and about the River Adur. https://www.facebook.com/shorehamriverfest?_rdr=p
- Worthing Rotary Carnival 28th-29th August, an annual Worthing highlight where an afternoon of fun for all the family is expected. http://www.worthing-rotary.org/
We hope to see you soon!
C/O: The Old School House,
Shoreham by Sea,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07760395085
Sponsored by Middleton Estates