- Moved to our new office! On 3rd August ESTEEM moved offices! We’re still in the Old School House, but we have been given a room downstairs to expand our work space for our employees and volunteers, allowing work in the office to run more smoothly! Via the kindness of volunteers, we were able to get new carpets fitted and our walls painted in our ESTEEM colours!
- Drop-in Star Wars evening – We had a great time on our usual Monday Drop-in session, making lots of hot food whilst watching The Empire Strikes Back. Popcorn and great fun was had with everyone.
- Esteem featured on Juice Radio! – We were able to get a 2 minute segment for ESTEEM charity on Juice Radio, on the 2nd of August at 6:30pm. We went in and recorded our segment at 1pm that day, met the producer and got a tour of the offices. Huge thank you to Juice for that! Hopefully it’ll help boost ESTEEM’s presence across the South.
- Lloyds Bank Give & Gain Day – Team builders from Lloyds Bank Group came to our ESTEEM office as part of their nationwide Give & Gain Day volunteering programme. Loads of fun was had as we competed in two groups designing, developing and marketing a ‘new toy’ to the public. Suffice to say Cat’s team won – investigations are underway toward rumoured issues of foul play !! Thank you to all at Lloyds!
- Bad Wrap Litter Picking – Bad Wrap was organised by our Founder & trustee Val Vizor, in order to educate people on helping the environment in ways like picking up litter. She also spread the word on maintaining local habitats and how we can help in conservation by doing small things in our everyday lives.
- Birthdays – We give many happy returns to our volunteers, Yasmin who turned 18 and Lewis who turned 21.
Woody has been busy laying around and sleeping through the summer heat here in the offices. This task is obviously one of the most important for such an influential colleague like Woody!
- Our Monday and Wednesday Drop Ins are continuing throughout the month, with lots of fun and creative activities on offer !
- Adur Fun Day – Sunday 18th 12:00 – noon to 4:30pm – http://www.adur-worthing.gov.uk/adur-homes/family-fun-day/
- Saturday 10th September – St Nicolas tours of Shoreham Fort as a celebration of the town’s history https://www.wherecanwego.com/event/1030813-st-nicolas-guided-tours/events.aspx
- Lancing Baby and Children’s Market – Lancing Parish Hall Saturday 10th September https://www.wherecanwego.com/event/956931-lancing-baby-and-childrens-market-west-sussex/events.aspx
- Pete Firman Magician – Worthing theatre – https://www.list.co.uk/event/151322-pete-firman/
We hope to see you soon!
C/O: The Old School House,
Shoreham by Sea,
Sponsored by Middleton Estates